Wednesday 15 August 2012

August 15, 2012 --- Gee - work keeps me from my blog! Who would have thought!

OK --- here's the deal.  Work is demanding as it should be and as I want it to be.  So there hasn't been alot of free time.  I get up around 6:30am, testing the public transportation system, kinda 'iffy' on it as if I go there on schedule, sometimes it's already been and sometimes its a 30 minute wait...so trying to figure that out.  The office is probably about 5 miles from my apartment but it's never less than a 30 minute 'adventure' and sometimes over an hour....but I see the locals, hear wierd languages, see lots of hand gestures and I am amazed every day how a guy (or gal) can drive an 80' bus on these streets!

Anyway..I do apologize for the delay since my last post.  Today, August 15, is a national holiday in Malta so  I didn't go into the office today  (sssh).  Instead, I got up at 6:30a as usual, went over some emails, docs and other business issues and at 8:45a I headed down the street to catch a tour.

One 'set' of tours they have here are called the "Hop On Hop Off" tours.  There are 4 different tours, such as the North tour, the South tour ....etc... real original!!   Busses leave on each tour every 30 minutes, they are 3 to 3.5 hour rides on a double decker open top bus, kinda cool!  On this 'journey' they stop about 8 times just to let people off and take people on...hence Hop On Hop Off.... you get off at any stop you want knowing that every 30 minutes there will be another bus on the same tour for you to continue.

So I took the North tour today.....   I ain't talkin no more ... here are the pics... enjoy



SEE the Clock on the left...there's one on the right too.....continued  -- follow me on this :-)









First part of the tour included some bay's which was cool....then it got cooler ;-).....



Yep - Cruise ship - go figure



One of the busses used for the tour




2nd Cruise Ship + they have ferries hauling cars and trucks



After the water area we start heading inland.....watch out for churches and clocks :-)....











ok, ok.....the churches and the clocks.....


Ok...see the clocks on the left and right towers???  Churches were built intentionally this way with two clocks.  One clock would show the correct time, other clock would show a different time..... why would they do that??  See a few pictures down..



Two clocks were put on the churches....one with the correct time, the other with an incorrect time....the reason --- so the devil would not know when mass was -- you can't make this stuff up!




All churched out?    Moving on.....inland...


RABBIT country!!  Or so I'm told ;-)








They just threw in a resort here :-)

Aviation Museum....hmmmm

That's enough for now.... more to follow in a day or two from this tour

No comments:

Post a Comment