Tuesday 17 July 2012

DAY 11 - Sunday - No office to go to !!!! OMG

Ok, last Sunday I was at the hotel....very busy getting organized, looking at apts, very active and aggressive...on the move....making things happen....my kind of Sunday...but now...WOW..  I have no work to do!!  I'm used to going into the office on Sunday... I liked to prepare for Mondays, clean up my mail, organize my Monday so when I came in I could hit the ground running....  NOT HERE!  I have no car!!  The office here is a 15 minute drive (you might think that could cross the island but the traffic here is....well, anytime of day here is like 5pm on NWExpressway x 2 !) and I can do as much off my laptop here as I can at the office...but that is really very little today.  So, don't tell anyone...I'm going to just walk around the area a bit more... all of the following is within 5 minutes of my door... I have no view from my apt but all of this is right here.....

A party boat !!  Where do I call ??????

Wider view of the boat... looks like about 100 peeps on board
I'm standing about 100' from some of the apartments in my complex, they have the above view some of them...not too shabby.   Across this bay is a fort........and they shoot cannons like 3x a week from there...what the hell are they shooting at ????  Beats me !

Fort Across the waterway

Closer view of the fort

Obviously summer here is swimming time....its all around and I'm going to have to break down and get wet soon.....but...not today....

Ladders cemented into the rocks - pretty clever

I want to join them - notice how YOUNG most are??

There are literally thousands of STUDENTS here.... on vacation?  NOPE   They are here from all over Europe to study --- what do you think they are all studying???  It is the same thing for all of them..... ENGLISH!!!  Yep....many schools here for one purpose...to teach English... maybe I can get a second job???  hahahahaahaa   NOPE - no time for that!

There is this bridge which crosses over a road from my apt complex and then leads to the swimming area above...but this bridge is quite unique in its own way....

Bridge to nowhere - literally - BUT..this ain't Alaska Ms. Palin!!
View from edge of bridge looking across the bay - notice the padlocks?

This is what lovers do here...they put a padlock on the bridge and throw the key in the water...how romantic...hmmm, I did see one or two padlocks with the keys still in it -- I don't think that's a good sign !! hahahaaha

 Couple more random pics.....


This is a part of my apt complex


Students students everywhere 


Well, that's it for today....  thinking of posting just a couple of times a week for a bit... don't want to totally bore everyone... I'll get some office pictures perhaps tomorrow...

Malta Mike - out

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mike!!! Hope all is going "swimmingly" over there! HAHA!!! Haven't seen a post since Sunday!! Keep us in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Amazing! Always a great part of the day when reading this, love reading and looking at the pictures of everything. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete