Monday 9 July 2012

DAY 5 in Malta

Monday --- Work day -- Woke up at 6am...that's sleeping in for me, I'm getting spoiled already... gotta rush... there is a Mikey D's waiting for me  - - - - run, run, run  (no way, nice gentle walk actually) .. ocean breeze is nice early and I arrive and....OH NO!!!  It's NOT OPEN!!   Serious depression could be approaching...this is not in my plan!  But wait..... light just came on!   They see me !!  Do they already know???     I stand nervously for a few minutes and yesssss... they open.... life is good!!!   Ok, so they don't know me yet..I'm nothing to them...I'm just a customer... gotta work on that....BUT...got my Mikey D's and yes I did order it that way, had to explain it a little but got it.

Wow...hard part of the day is over, I can go to work now!  Totally messed up on the bus schedule so I had to suffer with this cab....
New mercedes...not too shabby.... see the side mirrors out??  He pulls those in before we take off cause he was washing his car there and they pull them in so they don't get hit going thru the narrow streets! No joke!

Off to the office...get settle in..internet works, coffee is ready (because QuiBids was kind enough to add beverage packs to our contract or I'd be quite testy!), phones work, AC works, lights work!  Looking good!   Start rocking...call England, call Germany, getting in touch, going to print a contract....oops, printer not hooked up...but they fix me right up as they inform me of the .12 euro cost per page..... slight heart palpation but the coffee is really good (wondering what the beverage pack cost)...but I push forward!!  Gotta scan a contract....gotta be cheaper than a copy right ??  Hmmmmm...NO... scanning is .20 euro a page....who does their math here!  Only 2 pages though so for now it's okay....will start looking for a printer tomorrow, can pay for that puppy in less than a month! (Just ask Marshall and Scott how much I print!)  Yeah, I'll be more careful but that is like weaning an alcoholic towards water!!!  ok, not the best analogy :-)

Short day today...only working till 2pm...meeting at the hotel at 4:30pm with relocation peeps..taking me to real estate office to discuss property so gotta go....

Get to my room....about an hour to relax so I'm good.... I can relax here...
Very comfy bed - my dog likes it !

View to bathroom - yes, the dog does sleep in the bed, just like a person, covered to neck, head on pillow

Work area..Is that a bottle of Beefeater on the counter?  I know NOTHING!!
Head to realtors office with relocation company - hmmmm...NOW is when they tell the owner I have a dog???  You've got to be kidding!!!   Uhhh...there's more...NOW is when they tell the owner I am only temporary because I don't have a work permit????  Sheez - not feeling top notch at the moment.  Let the negotiations begin...I've had a light work day..I'm up for this --- twenty minutes later, dog is fine, no issue on the temp situation....I can even move in tomorrow now even though the landord has no money...dang I'm good! ....that and the landlord is a very nice man.

Back to the hotel at 6:30pm Malta time....I'm done for the day right???  HAHAHAAHA... no, this is Malta Mike here...I've set up a meeting at 6:45p at my hotel with Vodaphone to talk about getting me a phone..minor technicality, right! LOL   The guy shows up at 7:00pm and leaves at 7:45pm...now I am done right?   Naw...still got time for some more effort!!!  So to my room...several emails and IM's I can get into with several at work...getting the job done..what I enjoy the most!   So I finish with the last conversation and email at 11:30pm Malta time (4:30pm Calif time) and since it's past midnight now and I'm being picked up at 8:45am by the relocation company...so.... Merry Malta to all and to all a good night!!!

1 comment:

  1. It is about time the world knows about the Mikey D. According to my calculations it should cost .88 Euros but I am sure they already know that!

    ReplyDelete