Saturday 21 July 2012

July 21 - SAT - My second weekend begins with shopping ---

It just so happens that the largest mall in Malta is The Point, which is next to my apartment complex... it is nice, it is new and so we're going shopping so you can see what it's like.... enjoy..

The Mall  - Called THE POINT - it's at Tigne Point (pronounced Tinny), a nice area

Entrance

Entrance from a distance...I'm standing about 100 feet from the secured gate that goes to my apartment so yeah, the mall is very close to me..which is good !


Many shops you'll find familiar which is cool but many are not.... take a look

Three floors and a play area below that - new and quite nice

A gathering spot as much as shopping - with the warm weather, people love to come in

This is Saturday, the busiest day but it's busy here all week from what I hear

So here are some of the stores...........

Do you think I stopped here --- duh... of course

One store, one brand - kinda more common here than a department store that carries a bunch of brands

Hilfiger - not really for me but nice sale ~!!  haha

I have no clue on this but I should go dance and win 1,000 euros --  I'll go 'work it baby'   haha

Mossimo

Nike & Converse

Armani Jeans

Trussardi

This is considered a very large computer store here in Malta


Now we go grocery shopping and guess what... it's inside this same mall and it is one of the bigger supermarkets in Malta too

Fruit section - the entire fruit section

Bread - My downfall here

Deli counter on the left, bread counter on the right

Foodstore entrance from the mall

Vegetable section --- the entire vegetable section!!

YES!!!!  Alcohol sold in the supermarket - my kind of store -  even Jack Daniels - just wait till we have enough for fun Friday!!!! hahaha

Coca Cola -- Unfortunately this is a requirement for my continued existence --- me loves me coke !

This is $3.30 USD for 2 chicken  breasts !!!

12 oz - $3.85 -- a bit pricey

Rabbit Shoulder - Equivalent is $4.34 USD -- uuh.. this is a local favorite ... I am not that Maltese yet !


And last for this weekend - I told you I didn't have a view from my place and I wasn't kidding.... it is nice but quite simple....  this is from my 'terrace' as they call it here...

My Terrace

My Courtyard view

Courtyard view 2

Courtyard view 3

Courtyard view 4 --- The building in front has the water views and nothing is far from the water here anyway

That's it for this edition ---  I'm going to relax the rest of the day and hit it hard tomorrow at work!!!  When you come in to work my day will be getting close to finishing!!!    Enjoy it -- we are with a great company!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment