Saturday 14 July 2012

Friday the 13th ! & Sat the 14th



First -OU makes it to Malta !
Starting to get a little settled.. I have cereal and milk in the fridge, some bread, salami and cheese, a pizza, salad stuff, a couple of beers, a bottle of wine...that's about it.... isn't that enough?  Now I'm trying to get my bearings...since I'll be here for a while and this is going to be my home away from home, I should know how to get back and forth don't you think?  I get lost so easy here!  Every step is an adventure...with such small streets, sooo many cars....soo much water.. sooo many people.... well, gotta just go for it !   Here are some sights from the start of my first weekend here..


Beach - No sand - I'm getting used to that


There is not much sand here that I can see so far !!  hahahahhh




Fun Sat evening for many
The water here is amazing...I'll have to touch it soon :-)
Ok, so beaches are rock from what I can tell - but nice!



People do love the water here, tans are all natural, very little English spoken on the streets but everyone knows English so its easy to get by.  People are extremely polite and helpful but sometimes the accent makes it hard to understand but everyplace feels safe - that's pretty nice.


Expecting Romans to come charging thru!

A fort? Yes...a restaurant? Yes

So many sidewalk restaurants here



Came across this very nice park here....families seem to love it and why not...pretty cool...I wanted to play!

Lots of fun for the kids here ---and adults too

Beautiful park by the waters edge

Park at night - fun times
Well, I've had dinner by the water....headed back to my apartment...yeah, got lost along the way but I seem to do that here.... a 30 minute walk that should have been 10.... oh well...I'll catch on...  wishing all a good night......even though as I write this its only 4pm in Oklahoma !!  

No comments:

Post a Comment