Sunday 8 July 2012

Day 4 in Malta - Sunday

Sunday arrives early with no alarm as usual needed but open my eyes and it's still dark outside...what's up with that!  Being picked up at 8:00am to look a a couple more properties - but it's only 5am when I get up - what to do, what to do...  Take the dog out of course!  It has to be safe in Malta at 5am here right?  I didn't bring no guns or knives - will have to rely on my special hand to hand combat skills if there's trouble (only hand to hand skill I have is a firm handshake!)   But it turns out to be quite safe - almost cool but the weather here is very hot according to the locals.  We talk centigrade here folks, none of that Fahrenheit stuff, so 33 is 91 degrees and 36 is 97 degrees and that has been the range since I got here and they say that is very hot.  The humidity is higher here so its definitely warm but many times there is an ocean breeze which is comforting.  Should stay about that for this coming week then dropping to 29-31 which is 84-88 for next week.  I can handle this !

Uneventful and more relaxing day today (well, it is Sunday!) - 8am meeting with one realtor, 9am meeting with another realtor, finish up about noon and the rest of the day to relax so..Went to a Catholic Church - hmmmm... sermon in Maltese!! LOL   Oh well, I know there's English somewhere - I'm not Catholic so I didn't understand all the hand gestures, standing and sitting, kneeling and genuflexing but it's all good!.  So in the afternoon that's when I start to develop this blog, yeah, I pre-dated appropriately :-)  Here is a bit of what I saw today....

Typical size car for Malta - fits 5 uncomfortably!

Yes, that's a guy fishing - no, it isn't me !

The architecture here is absolutely stunning

View from my hotel room - well, I paid the discount rate !

From my hotel room the other way - well, it was a good discount rate!

Restaurant and Night Life area in St. Juliens

Very common and widely used gathering spots by the water

Yes, they let me go !

Police station - I like the view from my room better! haha

My dog - he won't leave the carrier!!
Day 4 ends with another walk - I like to walk and Lord knows I need it!  I dont' expect to blog daily at this point...I have work to do, Europe to build, countries to develop, continents to conquer - Global Domination!!!  But I will 'try' to keep updating.  First thing on the agenda tomorrow which is Monday morning is a Mikey D !

No comments:

Post a Comment