Friday 6 July 2012

Day 2 in Malta - jet lag...oh yeah... went to bed at about 11...woke up at 2...bed at 3 up at 5...bed at 6 up at 8.... I feel good! na na na na na na na --- I feel good yeah :-)

Went down to breakfast - had an omelet...pretty good :-)   Bacon, they don't cook it!! all fat!! yuk!!  Pork sausage--dang..what kind of pig is that!!! yuk    OJ - 50% water seemed like ... oh well...time to think healthy!!!  Fruit - Watermelon, Pineapple, Kiwi, Plums, Strawberries...then I hit the mother load ---BREAD!!  Oh my what they do with bread here would send you into a frenzy of delight...just amazing..and so many types --- ok to heck with healthy...more bread and butter - I can do this!!  I brought my cholesterol pills, I'm good !!

Got picked up at 9am by the relocation company and a real estate agent -  he drives a BMW...so do I...good start...but, the BMW's here have NO extras..I didn't know they could be made so plain!!  Maybe thats why some of the taxi's here are Mercedez! LOL  go figure!  So we look at 8 properties in 4 hours...oh gosh the market here is just so different... look at how many apts are crammed together...

I looked at 2 in this grouping of buildings
What you get here vs the U.S. is basically half the space for twice the price....so the adventure begins!  When I make a selection of course I'll add pictures after I get moved in.

Moving on I get back to the hotel at about 3pm...I have a meeting scheduled with Karl (our newly hired consultant here) at 5:00pm... two hours...what will I do ... I know !!!  Check my email --- still 15 emails, don't they know I've gone!~ hahaahaha.. nice to feel needed!!  Managed emails, time to look at Karls contract --- hmmmmm .... hmmmmm.... hmmmmm.     go down to the printer in the hotel to print it -- you all know how I love to use our printer!!!   UUGGGGG..printer is jammed!!  Had the front desk come over...alas..they have no clue.... I say "may I try?"  "oh yes, of course" is the response.....  Less than 5 min later the printer is working fine, I should charge them!!  Got the contract printed....

Time to meet Karl - there he is as expected --- great first meeting..he should be very helpful in the development of Europe, I'm getting excited for the first time.... many of you know that you asked me if I was excited and I said firmly no....well, now that's changing :-)  Karl drinks 3 wines during our meeting, I have 3 martini's - read into that what you want :-)   It's 8pm...it's been another long day so I'm taking my dog for a walk (the hotel loves him) and heading for bed...end of day 2.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like they are aware of the concept of fun Friday as well

    ReplyDelete