Saturday 7 July 2012

Day 3 - Saturday - Relax - Not yet !

It's Saturday...time to meet the Remax guy for more apts!  He picks me up at 9am sharp...they seem to be very punctual here....and I soon learn everyone knows everyone....we did not look at one unit that he wasn't quite personal with the owners that showed the properties....yeah, that was a surprise too, at least in 75% of the units seen, the owner was there, greeted us nicely and led the showing of the unit! hahaha  It should be that way in the U.S. !!  They know much more ! hahaha

Looked at a unit above a restaurant...amazing view...way over budget though... so I passed --  probably too noisy there anyway but had the advantage of being within 100 meters (look at me changing already) of the water taxi to Valletta which is close to my office here...1.50 euros for the water taxi that takes 10 minutes to cross the bay...since traffic is frankly hellacious here...I did like that advantage ... but probably too noisy and just too much money.  Everything else he showed me was at budget and sucked..excuse my Maltese :-)   It's 2pm already....it's Saturday...take me back to the hotel!!!

Got to the hotel at 3pm. Gotta attend to the dog and then lets' explore a bit...I have one thing I heard was close (pay attention hero, you know who you are) and I am going to find it!  Started out the front of the hotel and had a couple of distractions.........
People on every boat spending their Saturday

More boats, more people 


Pool by the bay

Ok, I did stop here, it was warm and humid!
Continuing my search for what I'm really looking for and about 10 minutes after my stop at the above pub I find it....I'm sooooo happy now....it's here..there are 8 of them in Malta... I CAN survive here, I'm going in right now and introduce myself - let them know who I am...what I represent and how important I am to them in the United States !!!
YES !  It is done --- Malta has now been introduced to the Mikey D !!!!!  (Still working on pricing) hehe

It's Saturday night...my first weekend night in Malta...gotta do something special right !??   Ok, we'll leave out the late night activities due to time and space requirements here but here is where I had dinner !!  Food here is just amazing but you gotta like Italian...fortunately I do :-)
Italian Steak and accouterments - fantastico (that's Italian!)












No comments:

Post a Comment