Wednesday 11 July 2012

DAY 7 - Wednesday in Malta

Don't tell anyone - I didn't go to the office today!!!!   Moving day!!  Time to leave my hotel where I ended up 2 extra days due to complications in moving details... totally my fault.. I work on Sat and Sun...the rest of the world - especially Malta, does NOT!

I get picked up at 8:20am...right on time....bags in the taxi, close the trunk...get in car....but wait...there is another identical taxi showing up ---   hmmmmm...  I've been here before!!!  Drivers have a 'discussion'!  Hands in the air, Maltese being spoken and then yes....they open my door --- "wrong cab sir, so sorry" ... so my luggage and I get transferred to the other cab and away we go!!   We follow the apt owner, yes he is our guide in his nice BMW with the side all scratched and dented from his amazing driving capabilities in Malta... zoom zoom zoom -- faster than a jumping rabbit and boom...we are at the apts!  I'm already tired.  I get introduced to my new apt which right now is about 100 degrees (that's 38 Celsius here).   I am the 2nd renter of this unit...it is small but it is very very nice....
Entry from door looking into unit
Guest Bathroom
Partial of LR and office area - how sheik !
Living Room
Kitchen - Very modern
Kitchen Adjacent to LR
Far right door closed
Far right door open - woohoo !!
2 doors on left closed
2 doors on left open -- it's like magic !
Still making it - don't judge a bed by its cover !!  :-)
Master Bath
Master Bath 1
I apologize for the quality of the pics.... I'll do a video of the entire apt which will take about 1 minute and try to add it soon....but...bottom line.....very safe area...very comfortable albeit small...next to the largest mall in Malta which includes a supermarket inside....so ... of course I went food shopping --- if I'm going to keep my figure, I better buy some food !!!!   Anyone comments on that I will eliminate you from my blog !! haha
So...shopping!!

1/2 pound about $3.00..maybe I should be a vegetarian !! LOL
1/2 as much for 2x the price - starting to get used to this !! 
Don't know about you...but I love this stuff !! hahah
I don't know how to say this without getting fired - the bread here is like an aphrodisiac 
A Maltese Fav --- Rabbit -- Nope..not for me..sorry..nope, ain't gonna happen...for a while at least
Their version of a slab is like an appetizer ! haha -- BUT ...beats rabbit !! haha
Stay tuned ---- tomorrow you get to see the area around my apt and even pics of Karl and I at work...well, in the office....yes, working I mean....yeah, that's it...hard at work...diligently pursuing the endeavors of our great company as we focus on the needs, requirements and potential for the development of Europe on our quest for global domination!!!!  (written for the execs - truth to follow later)   oh my !!!   Have a wonderful day....you're still working because it's 1:00pm there...but it's 8:00pm here -- out to dinner...one of my last on QuiBids as I get stocked up and ready to be independent!!!! (I like the per diem...can't we just extend it !!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment